from Claudia Del Papa
4 beaten eggs
salt an pepper to taste
about 2 cups flour
about 3 cups bread crumbs (Italian style)
about 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
8- 10 oz mozzarella cheese, sliced
1 jar spaghetti sauce (Bertolli tomato & basil)
extra: bow-tie pasta prepared per directions
- Peal the eggplant and cut into thin slices, about 1/4 in.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a plate pour the flour.
- In another plate pour the bread crumbs.
- In this order put these things: left - plate of flour, middle - bowl with eggs , right - plate of bread crumbs.
- Flour each side of the slice eggplant, pour it in the egg bowl and
last bread crumbs, both sides. Repeat with each eggplant slice.
- Bake in a cookie sheet, at 375 degrees, for about 8 minutes, and then turn over
and cook the other side for few more minutes, lightly basting each side with cooking spray (Pam) for crispness.
- Pour tomato sauce over each slice of eggplant, (about 3 tablespoons), some Parmesan cheese, and a couple of slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake few more minutes until the mozzarella melts.
- In a plate, put some cook pasta, with some sauce, Parmesan cheese
and the eggplant on top.
Claudia Del Papa