- LDScatalog.com: If you need a simple and easy way to get started or augment your home storage, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes it quite convenient. The prices are extremely competitive but higher than they are at the individual Home Storage Centers where customers assist in the packaging process. Via online catalog the following products are offered:
- #10 cans of:
- hard red winter wheat
- pinto beans
- white rice
- quick oats
- Home Storage Starter Kit, in addition to provident living pamphlets and teaching aids, containing:
- 2 #10 cans of hard red winter wheat
- 2 #10 cans of white rice
- 1 #10 can of pinto beans
- 1 #10 can of quick oat
- ProvidentLiving.org: A much wider range of products are available at the Home Storage Centers. To expedite your visit and assist in planning ahead, the Church has made available online an order form to be completed in advance, valid at HSC's in the United States and Canada. Its use is simple.
- Access the form. You will require the software, Adobe Reader, available for download free of charge.
- Fill in your pertinent personal information at the top of the form.
- Select each product (rows), the quantity desired of each size available (columns of #10 cans, pouches and bulk). Of note, the HSC's often have difficulty keeping up with the sharply increase in demand in recent weeks. It's a good idea to call ahead or contact your ward preparedness specialist to determine the products immediately available.
- The total cost of your purchase is recalculated as you move from field to field. However, the cost of any individual product is not calculated until you exit that field.
- Save, Print, or Reset the form when you have completed your selections. Save individual configurations of purchases on multiple forms for future use.
- Complete your purchase when you go to the HSC with the printed form in hand
Emphasis: Home Storage, Preparedness